Sunday, December 19, 2010

Tough Directions


I am still looking for a final direction. But its close. Minimising cost vs performance.

While I like the white on white look. The car needs some more dark to balance those lights. So the matt black treatment might finally be used on my RP-01.

My current tyres are ok, but not much left on them, so after a bit of slide control practice, I think some Direzza Star Spec Radials will be used. 235/265 combo

This image is lowered, A LOT,  but it wont be lowered much. Handling is good.
Directions include a front air dam or splitter and some simple graphics.

I think this creates a tough style and I still have the GT Wing for track days. Takes 10 minutes to swap it.

Russ.

5 comments:

  1. Hey Russ, what is the car running under the bonnet? Still got the factory twin turbos?

    If it was me, I wouldnt put graphics on the car. Keep it clean :)

    How about changing the mirrors to some sort of aero style. The factory mirrors never really did it for me, kind of reminded me of Sheks ears!

    Will

    ReplyDelete
  2. Twins are long gone.
    Engine has td06G turbine.
    Boost is 0.7 or 0.9 bar depending on the EBC

    Craft square mirrors I love, but actually my drive is a bit wierd so the larger mirrors are handy.

    If I see some RE-A-Fender Mounted ones cheap, I might get them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember you saying that you could feel the lag while your friends single spooled up, and that you thought that the twin setup was perhaps superior?! What are your thoughts now after owning both twin and single?

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is laggy on the street and tight twisties

    But if you drove on the circuit like Fuji
    IIt would be perfect
    It's a bit peaky but there's power from 4k up
    5k is very strong to red line

    When choosing a car
    Purpose is the key

    Street car
    Twins are enough
    The balanced power had been proven many times over

    ReplyDelete