Sunday, October 24, 2010

RP-01 Drama

***Photoshop above

Ok,

So I got some White RP-01 second hand.

They look incredible up against the car!
And they were cheap.

However fitment is a issue

5x114.3 18" x 8.5 +35

and
5x114.3 18"x9.5 +38

Perfect! Right? ... WRONG!

Why?


I assumed they would have a hub of 73mm like 99.9% of aftermarket Japanese wheels.
It turns out the hub is too small. Unadvertised feature from the seller.
Anyway, What to do?

I need a 8mm or 10mm spacer to be safe to clear the lip on the brake disk "centric hub"
That leads to a dilemma, maybe wanted or unwanted.
First I need long hub bolts and the spacers.
Costs involved here.
Spacers $30, $80 for bolts fitting probably $250. I'm not very DIY these days.

Stance will be awesome with wheels pushed to max.

But can I fit 18x8.5 +35 -10mm =  18x8.5 +25 on the front?

18x9.0 +29 is OK on the limit

Advice?



Should I try to fit these? or just go for XT7.



The other question is, should I swap the bonnet for my friends Carbon Scoot copy. Maybe suit the white car better? But then again, all white is cool!

Russ.

3 comments:

  1. In my opinion, the car looks better with a darker hood and wheels. Somehow white wheels just look cheap and boring, but that's just my opinion after driving with white wheels for a while.

    Are you planning to rent some garage space or will you keep the car in front of your place ?

    What kind of brakes does this thing have ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. In the flesh and on screen doesn't help.

    It looks pretty good in the flesh.
    And I'm liking the stock look in 18" These wheels are pretty close to stock image. Just 2" bigger.

    Next week should have the RP01 on there.

    I think I'll keep it all white,

    Just to be different.

    The Carbon and Bronze looks like every other FD3s Rx7 out there.

    Brakes are normal 4 pot callipers and Heavy Duty scquealing brake pads of some description

    Bite hard!

    Russ.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Russ,

    Rims look great, but the black bonnet definitely breaks up the white and goes well with the headlight design

    Will

    ReplyDelete