Wednesday, November 10, 2010

RP- OH WAN


Enkei RP-01 are finally on the car!


Last night my friendly drift sensei dropped off the wheels in his daily super Vitz and we fitted them this morning. Then went for a very small drive. Dai-san says... "Hayai ne!" Translation. Fast! 

Immediately, I have more traction, but there was still a little drift involved. Very easily provoked. The tyres are quite old Pirellis.


Lucky he came around, because my "lightweight" FD3s jack died in the process. This shot is before the suspension settled down again.



Anyway, for the stance hunters, Im still running pretty normal height. 


 For me these offsets are perfect, but I'd like the tyres under the guards and about 1.5" lower.


For this car, Speed may win over style as the sus is quite good for track although independant ride height is not adjustable, but you never know, some substantial drop may occur for some drift action.

Last pic shows the machining of the hub. RP-01 are actually a pearl colour so they match the body very well.

Now I just have to clean everything and sort out a lot of rough edges, that may take longer than I expect.

Russ

2 comments:

  1. Hey Russ,

    cant believe you sold the Roadster! You should of imported it under the Personal Import Scheme before the new rules changed :)

    The new FD looks great. The white enkeis look perfect. Needs ganador mirrors :)

    William

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes was tough choice,

    I didn't want to sell it, but I ran into some issues with that car.

    Ganador...NO craft square.

    Fill me in on the new rules.
    5 years I believe.
    It's been 5 since my last car.

    Russ.

    ReplyDelete