Friday, November 5, 2010

Steerwinglesscone - frustration


 Now we shall start the story with the happy ending. Fortune D1 Spec 80mm deep cone steering wheel with blue stitch and a much better driving position.


Here is the frustration part. these two were sooooooo tight I bent the bemuck out of my allen key and then with help from a friend proceeded to strip them. Anyway. luckily I had the original boss and I could push the horn button aside to remove the rapfix short boss.


 So after a lot of cursing and angst, I now have a nice interior. 1 issue. The boss if for Nardi and these are momo setting so the centre point is 5 degrees off. But when I get the short boss back in action I'll be set.


So anyway, on my return home, I passed about 10 cop cars, all of which love looking at a foreigner in a loud sports car with the huge GT Wing.


I think 1480mm is legal on an FD but this is 1600mm so thats a bit risky, I decided to remove it around town and keep it for track excursions or dedicated mountain adventures.

I may pick up a stock wing, but there are sooo many holes in the hatch, I am not sure it would look good.
Maybe an old school RE-Amemiya swimming pool style wing maybe cool.

We shall see, but for now it looks pretty normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment