Sunday, January 23, 2011

Advan Love Hate


I love Advan Wheels. The way the spokes are long and curving in the GT-R Design. RS especially.
After thinking about TC-III I'm back on the Advan train. I've had RGII and RS before.


bUt, I hate that they are soooo expensive. I mean it's just a cast wheel. Almost like Louis Vitton, premium price for sub-par materials.


I love the way they look. 19's are way cool but a bit impractical on the FD. Having to stretch tyres and such just to make them fit.


So 18s would do, But I hate cleaning 10 spoke wheels. I hate the compromise in offsets. +22 is minimum for coolness.

Matt Black is of course unavailable.

Custom Blue
or
Custom Red


So there's now a new breed.


RS-D in Matt black are available, are but somehow the spokes are hidden and don't reflect light like the RS or RGII spokes that find light. They don't have that Ping!



RG-D are cool too, but i am typically not a lip guy unless the spoke extend more.
 

RGII are great, 6 spokes are easy to clean and still have that strong reflective image. so for me I must conclude that RGII are still the wheel for me.



Blue is cool too, interior is heading in a blue direction so it kind of makes sense to go blue outside as well.

 
Super cool Matt Black... IMO sooo much better than RG-D even though chances of scraping them are increased.
 
And Finally
 
Pop! Chrome! For the street would be great. That's kind of irrellevant because car's focus is circuit and WHAT TO BUY is irrellevant because I have no spare cash for these.
 
I hate thinking too much.
 
Russ.

2 comments:

  1. Love the flying kangaroo sticker !!
    My vote goes to the 7th photo from the top

    Rod

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rod
    Rs-d are nice but in black I may as well run black work xd9 in black
    Look the same and cost 1/4 the price

    I'll try and find some used rgii
    But these wheels hardly ever are given up by owners

    ReplyDelete